Pet Health Tip – Add Coconut Oil!
35 Benefits of Coconut Oil for both you and your dog!
1. Winter moisturizer for paws, nose and ears
2. Can protect the liver from toxic antibiotic drugs
3. Reduces Hairballs
4. Reduces Cancer risks
5. Rub into the skin as a basic lotion
6. To support healthy thyroid function
7. To help increase sun tolerance and avoid burning
8. Topically to kill yeast or yeast infections in pets
9. It’s high Lauric acid and MCFA content helps boost metabolism
10. Gives your pet a shiny, glossy coat
11. Topically, can help skin heal faster after injury or infection
12. Can help sooth psoriasis or eczema
13. There is some evidence that regular ingestion of coconut oil can help prevent or reverse Alzheimers
14. Can be used as a natural suncreen
15. Is energy boosting
16. There is some evidence that coconut oil helps digestion and may even kill intestinal parasites or yeast
17. Mix a tablespoon with a tablespoon of chia seeds for an all-day energy boost (do NOT take this at night!)
18. Can help improve insulin levels
19. Coconut oil and a drop of oregano oil helps improve gum health
20. Awesome for high-temperature cooking than olive or vegetable oils (doesn’t go carcinogenic!)
21. Is an immediate source of energy when eaten and isn’t stored as fat
22. As a naturally antibacterial skin cream
23. It’s anti-inflammatory properties can help lessen arthritis
24. Can stimulate hair growth
25. Can help speed weight loss when consumed daily
26. Can be used to speed healing of fungal infections when taken internally and used externally
27. It has been shown to increase absorption of calcium and magnesium
28. Some evidence shows that the beneficial fats in coconut oil can help with depression and anxiety
29. For pets struggling with skin issues when used externally
30. Some evidence suggests that the beneficial fats in coconut oil are helpful for those with Autism
31. A tablespoon taken before each meal can help improve digestion
32. Many use it as an anti-aging facial moisturizer
33. Can be used internally and externally to speed recovery from UTIs
34. When taken regularly, it can help fight candida
35. Ingesting coconut oil daily can help with allergy symptoms
So, go ahead… lather up, and make coconut oil a part of you and your dogs diet!
Suggested daily dosage for your dog – 1 tsp for every 10 lbs and 1 tbsp for every 30 lbs. Top it with a little Turmeric for some additional anti-inflammatory benefits!
Article courtesy of Planet Paws Pet Essentials.