Like you, we at California GSP Rescue just love cute photos of dogs, but especially rescued dogs! So, we’ve created a way for you to share your selfie of your rescue dog, GSP or not, purebred or mix, we want to see some selfies from our Facebook peeps! We will post them each Sunday and hope you will enjoy getting your cute doggie fix along with us!
We confess, our motives are a little bit selfish; we are especially hoping to get lots of photos from our adopters. “Payday” for the volunteers at California GSP Rescue comes in the form of an update from an adopter telling us they love their new dog. Our bonus is a photo of the happy pup and their forever family. If we can get “paid” weekly, it’s going to be pretty cool!
Send us your selfie!
In case you are like some of us, too busy taking care of your dogs to keep up with popular trends, we’ve done a little research for you and have some instructions on creating a fun selfie. First, Oxford Dictionary defines a selfie as, “A photograph that one has taken of oneself, typically one taken with a smartphone or webcam and uploaded to a social media website.” So, you can’t just leave that picture in your phone, to be a true selfie you must get it out for lots of people to see!
If “Google a YouTube video on how to take a selfie” sound like a foreign language to you, here are step-by-step instructions for taking a selfie:
- Turn your phone on.
- Touch the little picture that looks like a camera.
- Find the image on the screen that has two curvy arrows (kind of like the recycle symbol), tap that with your finger. You may need to ask for help from a teenager at this point, but just ignore their rolling eyes and pay attention to what they do, so you don’t have to ask again! You can now take a picture from the display side of your phone.
- Get next to your dog, hold the camera at arms-length, make sure you are both in the display, and touch the button.
- Complete the form above, and upload your photo! If help is needed again from that teenager, it is probably going to cost you a trip to Starbucks or something, but it will be worth it!
- Check our Facebook Page every Sunday for your photos and others, and be sure to “like” California GSP Rescue!