Love is in the air, and we have come up with a dozen reasons to find lasting love not just on Valentines Day, but every day!
Look no further than your local rescue or shelter to find your true love, and while looking for your new four legged companion, you may even meet that special human someone that shares your passion for animals while volunteering at your local shelter or rescue!
So this year, ditch the chocolates and roses, and opt for a more everlasting way to spread the love by donating your time and money to help homeless dogs need, and adopt one!
Here are 12 reasons to adopt your new best friend:
1. A dog will make you feel like you are the most important person in the world, because to a dog, you are.
2. Your dogs everlasting love will make you never fear being lonely again.
3. Adopting a dog will help you overcome fear of commitment.
4. You’ll always have someone there to kiss you first thing in the morning, even before you brush your teeth.
5. Walking your dog at the beach or the park is guaranteed to bring you some attention and meet new people.
6. Chances are your dog will love to snuggle as much as you do, if not more.
7. Hanging out with your dog will give a new meaning to an evening of “movies and couch potato time”.
8. A large percentage of people consider pets to be members of the family, so no matter what the configuration of a family unit, pets are a perfect source of love and companionship.
9. If you’re not finding true love on a social dating site, adopting a dog may be your best solution.
10. A dog will help you get accustomed to 24/7 adoration and unconditional love.
11. Adopting a dog can help you become less self-centered, as you learn to put someone else’ needs before your own.
12. If you’re looking for love, but are not ready to make the lifelong commitment to adopt, check with a local shelter or rescue to find out about fostering.
Contact us to learn more about volunteering, fostering or finding your new companion!
Can’t adopt, foster or volunteer at this time? You can spread the love not just on Valentines Day, but today and every day all year long, by becoming a Rescue Hero